Teaching areas: Organic chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmaceutical chemistry
Research areas: Combinatorial chemistry, Protein engineering and Enzyme inhibition
- 2018: Professor, Central Department of Chemistry, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Nepal.
- 2012: Head, Department of Biotechnology, National College, Naya Bazar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2009: Research Professor, Department of Chemistry, EwhaWomans University, Seoul, South Korea.
- 2004: Assistant Professor, Department of Natural Science, Kathmandu University, Kavre, Nepal.
- 1998: Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, Kathmandu University, Kavre, Nepal.
Dr. Parajuli has also presented his research works in several national/international conferences/seminars.
- Awal RP, Garcia R, Gemperlein K, Wink J, Kunwar B, Parajuli N, Müller R, (2017): Vitiosangiumcumulatum gen. nov., sp. nov. and Vitiosangiumsubalbum sp. nov., soil myxobacteria, and emended descriptions of the genera Archangium and Angiococcus, and of the family CystobacteraceaeInternational Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, 67, 1422-1430.
- Joshi B., Hendrick S., Magar L., Parajuli N.,Dorny P., Maes L., (2016): In vitroAntileishmanial and Antimalarial Activity of Selected Plants of Nepal, Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology, 5(4), 383-389.
- Parajuli N., and Williams G.J., (2011): A high-throughput screen for directed evolution of aminocoumarin amide synthetases, Analytical Biochemistry, 419, 61-66.
- Park J.W., Hong J.S., Parajuli N., Jung W.S., Park S.R., Lim S.K., Sohng J.K., Yoon Y.J., (2008), Genetic dissection of the biosynthetic route to gentamicin A2 by heterologous expression of its minimal gene set.ProcNatlAcadSci U S A.105 (24): 8399-404.
- Park, J.W., Hong, J.S., Parajuli, N.,Koh, H.S., Park S.R., Lee M.O., Lim S.K., Yoon, Y.J., (2007): Analytical profiles of biosynthetic intermediates involved in the Gentamicin pathway of Micromonosporaechinospora by High performance liquid chromatography using an electrospray ionization mass spectrometric detection. Analytical Chemistry,79(13):4860-9.
- Parajuli, N.,Basnet, D.B., Chung, Y.S., Lee, H.C., Liou, K. and Sohng, J.K., (2005): Biochemical Characterization of a Novel Thermostable Glucose-1-phosphate thymidylyltransferase from Thermuscaldophilus: Probing the Molecular Basis for Its Unusual Thermostability. Enzyme and Microbial Technology,37, 402-409.
Link to full list of publications